For Tropical Forestry and Agriculture
New from the Hub
Join our team!
We are seeking three fellows to help with our initiatives in climate adaptation in tropical agriculture and forestry! Click below to learn more.
Agricultural Statistics contains downloadable data on over 100 crops, detailing their production, harvest, and crop information.
Dr. William Gould talks about the challenge of rescuing fallen trees in Puerto Rico after the 2017 hurricanes.
Cuba, Puerto Rico, and Climate Change: Shared Challenges in Agriculture, Forestry, and Opportunities for Collaboration
How the Caribbean Climate Hub Still Helping Hurricane Recovery – USDA Agricultural Research Service
Hurricane preparedness and recovery: perspective of agricultural advisors in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands
Opportunities and Challenges for Hurricane Resilience on Agricultural and Forest Land in the U.S. Southeast and Caribbean
Other USDA Resources
Coronavirus Food Assistance Program
The Coronavirus Food Assistance Program provides direct relief to producers who faced price declines and additional marketing costs due to COVID-19.
Census of Agriculture
National Agricultural Statistics Service
If you did not receive the 2017 Census of Agriculture questionnaire and should have, or if you are operating a new farm or ranch, please sign up to be counted in the 2022 Census of Agriculture.
Caribbean Area Farmers Use Conservation Practices to Protect Pollinator Habitat, Boost Crop Production. Pollinator Week June 22-28, 2020.
Other Hub Resources
View the current drought monitor conditions for Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Learn about the ADAPTA project in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Discover disaster assistance programs for farmers and forest landowners.
- Caribbean Climate Hub Still Helping Hurricane Recovery
11 May 2020 – USDA ARS
- Transforming Debris into Treasure: The Long Road of Wood Product Development after Hurricane Maria
9 August 2019 – USDA
- Woodworking workshops for sustainable adaptation techniques
27 June 2019 – U.S Forest Service
- Assessing Wood from Hurricane-Downed Trees in Puerto Rico
6 May 2019 – USFS Forest Products Laboratory
- Reaching Out to Underserved Farmers in Puerto Rico
19 May 2018 – USDA NRCS Caribbean
- In the aftermath of Hurricane Maria – Part 1: The Caribbean
4 May 2018 – USDA Forest Service
- Hurricanes: Challenging People and Institutions to Sustain Services and Learn to Adapt
27 Nov 2017 – USDA
- New Caribbean Climate Hub Video Teaches Kids About Agriculture
6 June 2017 – USDA
- Too Hot for Coffee! Warming Temperatures in Puerto Rico Present a Challenge to Coffee Growers
4 May 2017 – USDA